1 in 5 households have suffered some kind of garden vandalism or burglary with a 17% increase in outside theft over the last 5 years. The majority of these incidents happen during the night, as opportunistic burglars use the cover of darkness. As the nights draw in, homeowner should be alert & ensure garages, sheds or any other outbuildings are properly secured.
Here are our top 5 tips to protect your outside space against burglars.
- Don't leave valuable items in full view of passers by. Put bicycles and garden equipment out of sight.
- Don’t leave tools or ladders lying around in your garden – thieves could use these to access your home, so lock them securely in an outbuilding or shed.
- CCTV cameras are a visual deterrent, especially if you choose a Bullet Camera.
- Most standard sheds are only fitted with minimal door security, so it’s worth buying a robust, weatherproof padlock.
- Store valuable items in sheds or outbuildings & use additional padlocks, anchors & cables, to provide an extra level of security if an intruder manages to gain entry. These can be looped through bike wheels or lawnmower handles.
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for further information on any of our products.